Application cycle for Beaverton Arts Program community grants is now closed.
The city’s arts program contributes significantly to the quality of life in Beaverton by presenting artistic and cultural events that celebrate community values and help connect residents to their artistic and cultural heritage.
Vision for the Community: Art is an integral part of our vibrant, diverse, and united community.
Statement of Non-Discrimination
The Beaverton Arts Program is committed to providing services and making our resources available to every member of the City of Beaverton, Oregon without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, military status, marital status, political opinion, national origin, familial status, mental and physical disability, gender identity, and source of income or disability status.
The Beaverton Arts Program provides financial support for non-profit visual, written, and performing arts organizations who serve the Beaverton community. Applicants to this grant program can apply for activities or opportunities that address one or more of these five goals:
- Bring people together by providing opportunities for all people to experience and explore art.
- Create ways for people to celebrate cultural diversity through art.
- Help local artists to have a voice and to thrive artistically.
- Spur the development and stewardship of art.
- Educate the community on the intrinsic and economic value of art. The goals of this grant are supported by the Beaverton Civic Plan and the Beaverton Visioning Plan.
- Events or activities must take place within the Beaverton School District boundaries
Proposals to the Beaverton Arts Grant Program should be geared toward a specific performance, event, activity or artistic expression of the artist or organization. All funded activities must take place between July 1, 2016 and June 30, 2017.
- Example: Expenses for events and activities accessible to the public: performances, workshops, exhibits, open studio tours and other activities which will clearly help enrich artistic participation within the city.
- Example: Create and implement an art education program.
- Example: Performances or exhibits in Beaverton School District schools or within the city limits.
- Example: Cross-cultural performance or exhibits and collaborations or support for diverse cultural events or activities.
Two levels of Beaverton Arts Program grants are available:
Level 1: Up to $1,000
Level 2: Up to $2,000
Please read the Beaverton Arts Program Community Grant Guidelines for full details about the application.
If you apply for and receive a Beaverton Arts Program Diverse Art Offerings Grant, you are NOT eligible for this grant program.
Grant cycle is now closed. Please check back next year
Community Grants PDF Final Report *
Community Grants Online Final Report **
Community Grants Word Final Report ***
Diverse Art Offerings Grant
Proposals to the Beaverton Arts Grant Program can be geared toward an unexpected opportunity or event – a rare, unexpected and unplanned opportunity arises. All proposed activities must occur within the 2016 calendar year.
- Example: An individual, artist or organization is surprised with an award to participate in a workshop but costs are not paid in full, and balance is beyond artist’s capacity to pay.
- Example: An individual, artist or organization is presented with the opportunity to implement an art class or activity and needs funding for materials.
Award limits: Up to $500 per applicant, or until all grant funds are expended
Only one request per individual or organization will be funded each calendar year.
Please read the Beaverton Arts Program Diverse Art Offerings Guidelines for full details about the application.
If you apply for and receive a Beaverton Arts Program Community Grant, you are NOT eligible for this grant program.
Deadline to apply is December 31, 2016 at 5 PM
Diverse Art Offerings PDF Application *
Diverse Art Offerings Online Application **
Diverse Art Offerings Word Application ***
Diverse Art Offerings PDF Budget Form *
Diverse Art Offerings Online Budget Form **
Diverse Art Offerings Word Budget Form ***
Diverse Art Offerings PDF Final Report *
Diverse Art Offerings Online Final Report **
Diverse Art Offerings Word Final Report ***
* Print and mail.
** Online forms, may require sign in.
*** Fill in electronically, then email.