About Mayor Doyle
Before becoming Mayor, Denny Doyle served as a City Councilor for 14 years, bringing his depth of grassroots community involvement to the benefit of citizens. A strong advocate on behalf of young people, Dennis Doyle has partnered elected office with volunteer activities that improve conditions and opportunities for youth in Beaverton:
- Beaverton Baseball and Softball Association, Board Member and Coach
- Beaverton City Councilor, 1995 to 2008
- Beaverton Police Activities League
- Coached for Westside from 1986 to 1998
- Coached softball and soccer for Valley Catholic High School
- Elected to Beaverton High School Local Committee (served five years)
- Founded Valley Softball Association, serving young women
- Founded Westside Metros Soccer Club in 1992
- Hosted five high school students from other countries
- Sexton Mountain Elementary School Local School Committee, appointed and subsequently elected (served five years)
- Tualatin Hills Park & Recreation District Board of Directors, elected in 1993 and served a four-year term; served as Secretary
- Tualatin Hills Park Foundation Board Member, current
- Westside Recreational Soccer Club Board Member, since 1986
City of Beaverton Boards & Commissions
- Beaverton Arts Commission (Council Liaison–past)
- Beaverton Committee for Community Involvement (Council Liaison–past)
- Budget Committee (Council Liaison–past)
- Sister Cities Advisory Board (Council Liaison–past)
- Social Service Funding Committee (Council Liaison–past)
- Beaverton Chamber of Commerce, Member, served as board and executive board member
- Serves on committee that planned and implemented the Leadership Beaverton program, and graduated from the inaugural class of Leadership
- Beaverton Rotary Noon Club—served as Club President 2006-2007, committee work includes Annual High School Scholarship Awards, Dental Check, Programs, Youth Exchange
- Taste of Beaverton, Volunteer
- Beaverton Arts Commission Foundation Board of Directors
- Westside Cultural Alliance, board member and past chair
- Sierra Club, Nature Conservancy, Audubon, Friends of the Washington Park Zoo, Member
- Speaker and volunteer for Christmas in April
- Data General North American User group officer, including President, membership of 3500
- Denny has spent nearly 30 years in the fast growing and competitive computer, management and data processing field. He was President of Dennis Doyle & Associates, a computer system sales and consulting firm, specializing in small business assistance. Dennis has delivered speeches on computer issues in England, France and Ireland.
- Illinois State University, B.A. Political Science, minor Physical Education, certified to teach K–12.
- Married 30+ years to Ann Doyle.
- Two children: Erin, who holds a bachelor of science from Grinnell College and a Juris Doctor from the University of San Diego. Erin is married and lives in Beaverton. Keri, who holds a doctorate in physical therapy from the University of North Dakota. Keri is married and lives in Minnesota where she is practicing physical therapy. She is the proud mother of Isabelle, Annalise and Emerson – the Mayor’s three granddaughters.
- One dog: Abby a Golden Retriever / Labrador mix.