What is TipSoft?
The Beaverton Police Department has set up a system that allows community members to submit crime tip messages by either texting or using the internet. Tips submitted through this website are encrypted, entirely confidential, completely anonymous and are immediately and securely transferred.
These crime tip services are for non-emergency investigative information only and WILL NOT generate a radio call or summon the police to your location.
Here’s how to submit a tip:
Using a cell phone
Using the web
- Text “TIPSBPD plus your message” to 274637 (CRIMES). Your message must begin with TIPSBPD.
- When your message is received at CRIMES, your name and cell phone number will be stripped from the message before it is forwarded to the Police Department.
- You will receive an immediate text reply that will include a confidential I.D. number.
- If you use TipSoft again, you may include your confidential I.D. number or submit another anonymous tip. However, it is recommended you use the confidential ID number given if you are following up on a previous tip.
- For your safety, you should always delete all text messages to and from “CRIMES” (27463) from your text message in box and out box.
- Go to the TipSoft website.
- Fill out the form and submit it via the Internet.
- The same secure server is used, masking the identity of the sender.
- Everyone is encourage to report information about any illegal activity, such as unsolved cases, vandalism, theft, the sale and distribution of drugs or information about crimes that are being planned in the community or schools.
Everyone is encouraged to report information about any illegal activity, such as unsolved cases, vandalism, theft, the sale and distribution of drugs or information about crimes that are being planned in the community or schools.
If you have an emergency, dial 9-1-1
If you have a non-emergency, dial (503) 629-0111