Holiday Tree Recycling
Holiday trees can be recycled as yard debris at single-family homes.
- Place greenery and trees into your cart if it will fit (either whole or cut up).
- Whole trees can be placed on the curb as an additional yard debris set-out ($3.45 fee).
- If shorter than six feet, your tree can be set out whole.
- If taller than six feet, it should be cut into pieces less than six feet long.
- No matter the length, the tree should be set-out with your yard debris cart, so your hauler can lift it into the truck.
- In the case of inclement weather, your tree pick-up will count as one yard debris set-out and will be picked-up either the next day or the next scheduled service day.
In multi-family communities, such as apartments or condominiums with centralized hauling services, residents should first contact their property manager or board of directors to determine if a holiday tree pick-up service or event has been arranged.
Otherwise, visit Metro’s Find-A-Recycler
website to determine the closest yard debris recycling facility or seasonal tree recycling event.
- Your tree should not include:
- tree stands
- nails or spikes
- Wreaths and swags can also be placed in your yard debris cart (metal wire and non-plant products removed).
- Flocking (artificial snow treatment) on trees is acceptable
If you have any questions, call your garbage and recycling hauler