Beaverton Enterprise Zone
Welcome to the Beaverton Enterprise Zone – the City’s newest economic development tool!
The Beaverton Enterprise Zone has been designated as a local Enterprise Zone program by Business Oregon as of June 12, 2012. The program allows a property tax abatement for eligible businesses on any new development (land and existing improvements do not qualify) within the Enterprise Zone for three years - up to five. The Beaverton Enterprise Zone is an urban enterprise zone and includes additional eligibility requirements beyond to those required by the State program.
Enterprise Zones are designed to encourage business investment through property tax relief, in specific areas of the state. In exchange for locating or expanding into an Enterprise Zone, eligible (generally non-retail) businesses receive total exemption from the property taxes normally assessed on new plant and equipment, for a specified amount of time, which varies between the different zone programs.
Beaverton Enterprise Zone Areas
- Aerial map of entire Enterprise Zone boundary.
- EZone 1 - Generally located north of Tualatin Valley Highway, EZone 1 is 2.38 square miles and includes 0.64 square miles in unincorporated Washington County. The commercial and industrial areas west of Murray Boulevard include access to light rail. The area east of Murray Boulevard includes more than 40 acres of Station Community and interim Washington County Industrial zoned parcels near a light rail stop and over 115 acres zoned General Commercial.
- EZone Central was added to the Beaverton Enterprise Zone with the boundary expansion in March 2013. It is approximately 0.67 square miles and includes Regional Center multi-use zoning encompassing the historic downtown. The area is serviced by major transportation corridors such as Highway 217, Canyon Road, and Beaverton-Hillsdale Highway as well as the Beaverton Transit Center with the red and blue MAX lines and WES commuter rail.
- EZone 2 - Situated east of Hwy 217, E Zone 2 has industrial and commercial land to meet a variety of needs. The industrial park south of Beaverton-Hillsdale Highway offers industrial and flex space as well as vacant and redevelopable land. The General Commercial zoned area along Beaverton-Hillsdale Highway includes a mix of uses including some office.
- EZone 3 runs along the east side of Highway 217 from 5th Street to Scholls Ferry Road. More than 95 acres are zoned Industrial and 215 acres are zoned Office Industrial. Several vacant buildings are currently located within the area.
For more information, contact the City of Beaverton, Community and Economic Development Department, Economic Development Division at (503) 526-2631.
Information and Resources:
In The News
Save the Date
- Vanguard EMS to move, invest $1.9 million under Beaverton enterprise zone program, April 26, 2013, The Oregonian
- Companies’ interest might help expand city’s Enterprise Zone, March 14, 2013, Beaverton Valley Times
- Beaverton company to make $2.8 million Enterprise Zone investment, November 6, 2012, The Oregonian
- Beaverton to add enterprise zone to buffet of development incentives, July 9, 2013, Daily Journal of Commerce
- Council OKs pursuit of Enterprise Zone, May 9, 2012, Portland Tribune
City of Beaverton Business Assistance Open House – December 2013
To receive updates about Business Assistance, Enterprise Zone, and other city programs, please sign-up using to the following notify me lists.
Notify Me Lists:
Sign-up to receive updates about
- Enterprise Zone — A program that allows for property tax exemptions for qualifying businesses within the Beaverton Enterprise Zone boundary for three up to five years.
- Business Assistance — A series of programs and services offered by the City of Beaverton’s Economic Development Division to assist future or existing Beaverton businesses.
- Workforce Training — An assistance program that helps fund employee training for local businesses creating new full-time employment.