Human Rights Advisory Commission
| Upcoming Cultural Conversations and Speakers
May 7, 2014. 7:00 pm - Speakers from the FBI on Human Trafficking and Hate Crimes
The regularly scheduled April meeting (April 2, 2014) will take place in Beaverton City Hall, First Floor Conference Room.
The October 1, 2014 location has changed to Beaverton City Hall, First Floor Conference Room.
About the Human Rights Advisory Commission
Powers & Duties
The commission shall:
- Examine sources of tension, practices of discrimination, or acts of prejudice by employees of the City
- Make recommendations concerning solutions to specific problems of prejudice or discrimination in the City
- Recommend action, policies, and legislation to the City Council to be considered by state and local governments
- Make reports to the City Council upon request
- Perform conciliatory services that do not conflict with the functions of any other government agency
- Promote harmonious inter-group relations within the City