Rebate Program: High-Efficiency Toilet (HET)
FUNDS FOR THE PROGRAM HAVE BEEN DEPLETED FOR THE PERIOD ENDING JUNE 30, 2013. THE CITY IS NO LONGER ACCEPTING REBATE APPLICATIONS. PENDING APROVAL OF A NEW BUDGET, THE REBATE PROGRAM MAY BE AUTHORIZED FOR AN ADDITIONAL TERM (JULY 1, 2013 TO JUNE 30, 2014)
Encouraging Water Conservation Efforts
Toilets are typically the largest indoor water user. To encourage residential water customers to replace their old toilets with efficient, water-conserving models, the City of Beaverton is offering a pilot rebate program. Under the program, residential users can receive rebates for replacing older inefficient toilets with high-efficiency toilets (HETs). The rebate will be a credit applied to the purchaser's water account.
Program Eligibility Requirements
- Applicant must own and live in the single-family residence, condominium, or duplex where the toilet is being installed (apartments and commercial establishments do not qualify for the rebate).
- Rebates are available on a first-come, first-served basis. The program will end when funds are depleted or no later than June 30, 2013. Purchases made prior to January 3, 2011, are not eligible for the rebate.
- Save your receipt - a copy of the dated sales receipt (or invoice) that specifies your name as purchaser and the toilet brand / model is required. The toilet you purchase must match the eligible model list exactly.
- Submit the required application within 60 days of toilet purchase (or no later than June 30, 2013).
- There is a limit of three toilet rebates per eligible account (each rebate is worth $75).
- The total rebate per item will not exceed the receipt amount.
- Toilets must be installed at the same address as the water account (random inspections may occur).
- Toilets purchased must contain an Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) WaterSense label and be currently listed on the EPA’s website.
- You must have a Beaverton water account in good standing (no outstanding balance on previous billing periods).
- You must recycle your old toilet at one of the approved locations below (request a scale ticket as proof of recycling):