Leaf Disposal & Food Drive
The City has implemented the Leaf Disposal and Food Drive Program to help reduce the problem of leaves being raked, dumped, blown, or otherwise deposited in the street near the curb area, which can create possible flooding situations when fall and winter rains move the leaves down the curb line to the catch basins. It is also in violation of City ordinances 5.05.115
. The City street sweepers cannot remove piles of leaves. Street sweepers are designed to pick up leaves that fall naturally from trees onto our streets.
Leaf & Food Drop Off Information 2012
Clean Water Services will team together to provide leaf drop off sites. These sites will be available until early December.
- Clean Water Services provided drop-off dates (8:00 am-4:00 pm)
- November 17th & December 8th
- Home Depot (13700 NW Science Park Drive)
- Aloha High School (Corner of 185th & Madeline)
- City of Beaverton provided drop-off dates (8:00 am-4:00pm)
- November 10th, 24th & December 1st
- Operations Yard (9600 SW Allen Boulevard)
Please bring only leaves - no branches or lawn clippings are allowed. The leaves that are collected are recycled into mulch by local farmers. As in years past, non-perishable food donations will be accepted for the Oregon Food Bank
. For more information, see the Leaf Disposal and Food Drive Brochure