11th Annual City of Beaverton Tree Lighting & Holiday Open House
Friday, December 5 from 5 pm to 7 pm at the Beaverton City Library and City Park.
For over a decade the community has brought in the holiday season with the annual Tree Lighting and Holiday Open House. The tradition continues this year on Friday, December 5 at the Beaverton City Library and City Park! Join Santa and Mrs. Claus for an evening of festive lights, holiday music, arts and crafts and family friendly activities all leading up to the lighting of our community holiday tree.
Holiday Open House | 5 to 6:30 pm at the Beaverton City Library (12375 SW 5th)
Tree Lighting Ceremony | 7 pm at City Park (across from the library)
- Featuring the Children's Holiday Workshop
- Holiday scavenger hunt, arts and crafts for all ages hosted by the Beaverton Library
- Visit with Santa and Mrs. Claus
- Music from the Beaverton Community Band
- Meet with special princesses from a Frozen land
- Free hot chocolate and treats
- and more!
- Featuring performances by the Beaverton High School Rhythm B's and the ACMA Synergy Choir.
- Join Mayor Denny Doyle, Santa and Mrs. Claus for the official lighting of the holiday tree.
Visit downtown Beaverton businesses for the Downtown Holiday Showcase from 7 to 9 pm. Enjoy holiday treats, discounts and entertainment presented by the Beaverton Downtown Association. Visit www.DowntownBeaverton.org for details.
At 7:30 pm, the Beaverton Civic Theatre will present “Little Women” in the Beaverton City Library Auditorium. Tickets are $5 with a donation of a new, unwrapped toy. Otherwise, general admission is $15, $12 for students, seniors and groups, and $5 for children ten and younger. Beneficiaries include Beaverton’s low-income youth, as well as foster children in Washington County.
For more information contact or 503-526-2559.
To ensure the safety of pedestrians, SW 5th Street between SW Hall Boulevard and SW Watson Avenue will be closed from 4:30 pm until 7:30 pm.