The Beaverton Municipal Code
regulates the keeping of pigeons within city limits. All pigeons must be banded, and the keeper must make sure that the pigeons do not disturb the neighbors.
Number of Pigeons Allowed
- Up to 50 pigeons if the enclosure is located at least 30 feet from any dwelling
- Up to 100 pigeons if the enclosure is located at least 50 feet from any dwelling
- Up to 150 pigeons if the enclosure is located at least 100 feet from any dwelling
- Up to 200 pigeons if the enclosure is located at least 150 feet from any dwelling
Permit Fees & Submission Information
- Pigeons must be confined in an approved enclosure, except during reasonable periods of time for exercise.
- Enclosures shall be maintained in a clean and sanitary condition free from all offensive odors.
- Enclosures shall be equipped with a trapping device that allows the pigeons to enter the loft but not escape from it.
The City of Beaverton requires people who want to keep pigeons fill out a Pigeon Permit Application Form
. There is a nonrefundable permit application processing fee of $100. The City may place reasonable conditions on the permit as deemed necessary to ensure the humane treatment of the pigeons. A permit may be revoked for failure to comply with the permit conditions or if the City receives an excessive number of complaints. Please submit applications to:
Code Compliance Program
City of Beaverton
P.O. Box 4755
Beaverton, Oregon 97076-4755