First Step Towards a Law Enforcement Career
The Beaverton Police Department is looking for motivated men and women who are current or former military service members interested in a career in law enforcement. The Police Department is offering a comprehensive three week program outlining the job responsibilities and processes involved with becoming a police officer.
How to Apply
The Military Mentor Academy Application
may be mailed or faxed to the:
Beaverton Police Department
Community Resource Team
PO Box 4755
Beaverton, OR 97076-4755
Fax: (503) 526-2484
About the Sessions
The instructors are officers and personnel from the Beaverton Police Department who teach in their areas of expertise. Each has years of training and street experience. Topics that are covered include:
- Introduction to Command Staff
- Job hiring requirements
- Essential job functions, such as patrol, investigations and traffic enforcement
- Introduction to taking the entry level exam
- Tips for completing your application and resume, as well as preparing for the interview
- Networking opportunities with partner agencies
Accepting applications for future class dates. Participants will receive a Certificate of Attendance as well as an opportunity to apply for upcoming police officer and police reserver officer positions.
For more information, please contact Sergeant Neil Stellingwerf
at (503) 526-2378.