Chapter 9: Economy Element Summary
The city’s goals for economy include:
- To foster entrepreneurial networks that promote innovative and healthy businesses in Beaverton.
- To capture the opportunities of the knowledge-based economy by having a skilled workforce and strong connection between business and education.
- To support business development through an effective transportation system, targeted land (re)development, and adequate infrastructure.
- To enable businesses to easily start or expand their enterprise.
- To support a high quality of life for all of Beaverton’s citizens.
- To promote active partnerships between business and the community.
The Economy chapter is currently being reviewed as part of the City’s Comprehensive Plan.
The reports, plans and maps provided below are related to the City’s policies on economic development.
- Economic Opportunity Analysis
- Enterprise Zone
- Incentives & Financing
- Main Street Program
- Oregon Technology Business Center (OTBC)
- Targeted Industries
- Target Industries Analysis
- Urban Renewal Agency
- Business Oregon: 2013-2015 Innovation Plan Booklet
- Greater Portland Inc: 2013-2014 Work Book
- Greater Portland Inc: Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy
- Metro: Centers and Corridors Report
- Metro: Community Investment Strategy
- Metro: Industrial and Employment Land Planning
- Oregon Department of Land Conservation and Development: Economic Opportunity Analysis
- Oregon Department of Land Conservation and Development: Goal 9 Economic Development
- Oregon Department of Land Conservation and Development: Promoting Prosperity: Industrial & Other Employment Lands Analysis Guidebook
Interactive Data and Mapping Tools
- Abogo Transportation Cost Calculator
- Census: My Congressional District Data Portal
- EPA: Mapping Tools
- FEMA: Floodplain Mapping
- Food Access Research Atlas
- Greater Portland Pulse
- Housing + Transportation Index
- HUD: Mapping Applications (Housing Market, Low Income Housing Tax Credit, Choice Neighborhood, and many other mapping applications.)
- Longitudinal Employer-Household Dynamics Mapping Tool
- Metro: Annexation Search Tool
- Metro: State of the Centers Mapping Tool
- Oregon Broadband Mapping Project
- Oregon Department of Transportation: TransGIS
- Oregon Labor Market Information System: Business & Employers Data Tools
- Oregon Labor Market Information System: Employment & Labor Force Data Tools
- Oregon Labor Market Information System: Occupational Information Center
- Oregon: Mapping Applications
- Oregon: Open Data Portal
- Oregon Prospector Site Selector
- Washington County Intermap
- Washington County ISpirits
- US Cluster Mapping Tool