CIP 3519A - Canyon Road MTIP
Canyon Road Intersection Improvements MTIP
This Metro Transportation Improvement Plan project is intended to address safety, connectivity, and accessibility issues on 4,900 feet of Canyon Road between SW Hocken Ave and SW Short St. The project will upgrade intersections at Hocken Ave and Cedar Hills Blvd as well as reconstruct Canyon Rd from west of Hocken Ave to Short St. Improvements include sidewalks, pedestrian crossings, lighting, and signalization. The sidewalk crossing on Beaverton Creek may also be widened. The project requires extensive coordination with ODOT, the agency that has jurisdiction of Canyon Rd. A bike route alternative to Canyon Rd is contained in CIP 3518. Improvements to Hocken Ave on the south side of Canyon Rd are included in CIP 3408. CIP 3408 has been incorporated into CIP 3519A.
- FY 12-13: Completed Creekside District Mobility Audit, Canyon Road planning and design sessions with ODOT, preliminary corridor design documents, and draft memorandum of understanding with ODOT; began public outreach. In Apr 2013 applied for Tiger V grant. Application was unsuccessful. See CIP 3310 concerning the HUD Community Challenge grant and Creekside District Master Planning.
- FY 13-14: In Nov 2013 City received approval of $3.535 million in Federal aid through the MTIP. City match is $394,000. OTAK completed survey; continued Creekside District Master Plan work and refinement of design, ODOT coordination and public outreach. In Apr 2014 applied for TIGER VI grant.
- FY 14-15: Continued Creekside District Master Plan work, ODOT coordination and public outreach; completed environmental permit applications and 30% design. Tiger VI grant application not approved. Continued coordination with ODOT concerning acceptable design standards. Submitted TIGER VII grant application in Jun 2015
- FY15-16: On 7-21-15 ODOT determined that the south curb line on Canyon Rd needed to be moved 6'-7' to the north. 10-29-15 TIGER VII application not approved. Final Project Delivery Charter completed 12-10-15. Draft IGA with ODOT completed 1-19-16. Council approved IGA 30667 with ODOT 4-5 2016.
- FY16-17: Survey was completed in Dec 2016. Project was delayed while city and ODOT resolved differences concerning the width of the shoulder (the space between the travel lane and the curb) versus the width of the sidewalk.
- FY17-18: Project design restarted in Aug 2017. Completed 60% of design and cost estimates. Project design is expected to take up through Sep 2018. Begin ROW acquisition.
- FY18-19: The ROW phase is scheduled for May 2018 through May 2019
Substantial Completion Date: September 30, 2020