Call to Artists
Visual artists in Oregon are invited to submit their work to the 2018 Beaverton Arts Mix!
There is no entry or exhibit fee to participate. No commission will be taken on any sales occurring at the BAM! event.
BAM! 2018 Entrants Calendar
- Entries must be submitted online by Tuesday, July 17, 2018 by 11:59 PM Pacific Time.
- Apply online - login required.
- Notification of acceptance or non-acceptance will occur by Friday, August 17, 2018.
- Accepted artists’ online process must be completed no later than Monday, September 24.
- Accepted artwork must be delivered to Beaverton City Library on Tuesday, September 25, from 1-7 PM. Late work will not be accepted.
- All unsold artwork must be picked up at the Beaverton City Library on Sunday, October 7, from 5-7 PM.
Storm Drain Awareness Murals
The City of Beaverton owns and manages 9,194 storm drain catch basins. The storm water that enters those catch basins from roads, driveways, rooftops, and other impervious surfaces flows largely untreated to local streams, lakes and other waterbodies. Protecting water resources is critical for not only our city, but communities downstream as well. The connection between storm drains and our local waterways can often be overlooked and the impacts are not understood.
The goal of this project is to use local artists to create awareness around storm drains as a direct connection to our local waterways. The City of Beaverton invites artists to submit designs for the 2018 Storm Drain Murals project. The selected artwork will enhance Beaverton’s existing infrastructure by transforming storm drains into artistic features surrounding Progress Lake.
Artist Submission Application Due Wednesday, June 27, 2018
Questions, Contact Shelley Searle at email@example.com
Accessibility information: This information can be made available in alternative formats such as large print or audio tape. To request alternative formats, contact Kourtnee Buechner by calling 503-526-2376 or email kbuechner@BeavertonOregon.gov. Use 711 for relay service.