The selection process has begun!
Community members are invited to submit questions to be asked of each of our city manager finalists during a Zoom meeting on Thursday, May 13 beginning at 6 pm.
Meet our city manager finalists on May 13, 2021 at 6 pm, via Zoom. Spanish interpretation provided, see instructions below.
Join online at: https://www.zoomgov.com/j/1615760660
Meeting Webinar ID: 161 576 0660
Or join by telephone by dialing: US: +1 669 254 5252 or +1 669 216 1590 or +1 551 285 1373 or +1 646 828 7666
Instructions on how to use interpretation function through Zoom
For Windows and macOS
- In your meeting/webinar controls, click Interpretation.
- Click the language that you would like to hear. (English and Spanish)
- (Optional) To only hear the interpreted language, click Mute Original Audio.
For Android and iOS
- In your meeting controls, tap ... More.
- Tap Language Interpretation.
- Tap the language you would like to hear.
- (Optional) Tap the toggle to Mute Original Audio.
- Click Done.
The office of city manager is established as the administrative head of the city government. The city manager is responsible to the council for the proper administration of all city business.
City Manager is the administrative head of the city who:
- Oversees daily operations and delivery of city services,
- Proposes and administers the city budget,
- Appoints, supervises, and removes city staff,
- Make reports and recommendations to the council about the needs of the city,
- Has no authority over the mayor, councilors, support staff of mayor or council, city attorney, municipal judges, or city auditor.
The city has appointed an Interim City Manager as of January 1, 2021 who will serve in this role for approximately six months.
The Interim City Manager will support the transition to the new city charter and the recruitment, selection and early onboarding of a long term city manager.