As part of the City’s response to COVID-19, we are asking that all community members and customers conduct business electronically as much as possible. Our Front Desk & Permit Center on the fourth floor of The Beaverton Building continues to remain closed to visitors until further notice. Community Development services are available by email and phone listed in our directory with development and construction service at https://www.beavertonoregon.gov/bib. For:
- Inspection requests, call the 24-hour line at 503-526-2400.
- Building questions, or inspection cancellations, call 503-526-2403.
- Planning and Zoning questions, refer to Frequently Asked Questions about Changes to the Land Use Process or call 503-526-2420.
- Site Development questions, including street tree removal and sidewalk or street repairs, refer to Site Development Frequently Asked Questions or call 503-350-4021.
Appointments: To schedule a phone or video appointment, please use the Appointment App at the bottom of this page.
Contacts: You may also leave a message at one of the phone numbers listed above, check out our directory for other service contacts, or contact a staff person who has already been working with you to arrange for services.
For more information visit the Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 page.
Responsibilities & Services
The Building Division of the Community and Economic Development Department is responsible for issuing building, plumbing, heating / cooling, and electrical permits. This also includes reviewing plans and conducting inspections for the work allowed under these permits.
The Building Division is also responsible for enforcing the State of Oregon Building Codes. These codes are the laws that regulate how a building is to be constructed, ranging from how strong the walls must be to how much insulation must be in them. The Building Division also assigns address numbers to new and existing properties when needed.
Electronic Plan Review
As of March 4th, 2019 the city is now processing all Building Division applications and permits electronically. For over-the-counter permits, please send your electronic plans and materials to us 24-hours in advance of your visiting us during our over-the counter times.
Submissions must follow the Electronic Document Instructions below so that documents can be accurately assigned and routed for review. If you have questions or feedback, please contact us for assistance at 503-526-2403.
Over the Counter Plan Review
For Over-the-Counter review, you must submit all electronic documents at least one day prior to arriving at the front desk to meet with a plans examiner. Please visit our Over the Counter Plan Review page for more information.
Schedule Phone Call or Video Appointment
Note: These appointments are only for questions and intake assistance. These appointments are not for plan review or issuing permits.
Communication during these appointments is by phone or Microsoft Teams.
- Phone Appointments: A member of city staff will call the number you provide at the time the appointment is scheduled to begin.
- Video Appointments: You and a member of city staff will be able to join the Microsoft Teams meeting during the time the appointment is scheduled. You may need to download Microsoft Teams before your appointment.
Contractors: For electrical, plumbing or mechanical permits that don't require a plan review, you have the ability to Apply and Pay for Building Permits Online.