As part of the City’s response to COVID-19, we are asking that all community members and customers conduct business electronically as much as possible. Our Front Desk & Permit Center on the fourth floor of The Beaverton Building continues to remain closed to visitors until further notice. Community Development services are available by email and phone listed in our directory with development and construction service at https://www.beavertonoregon.gov/bib. For:
- Inspection requests, call the 24-hour line at 503-526-2400.
- Building questions, or inspection cancellations, call 503-526-2493.
- Planning and Zoning questions, refer to Frequently Asked Questions about Changes to the Land Use Process or call 503-526-2420.
- Site Development questions, including street tree removal and sidewalk or street repairs, refer to Site Development Frequently Asked Questions or call 503-350-4021.
Appointments: To schedule a phone or video appointment, please use the Appointment App at the bottom of this page.
Contacts: You may also leave a message at one of the phone numbers listed above, check out our directory for other service contacts, or contact a staff person who has already been working with you to arrange for services.
For more information visit the Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 page.
The Planning Division of the Community Development Department delivers a wide variety of long-range planning and current planning services to residents, property owners, and developers.
The Planning Division regularly updates the Beaverton Planning Commission through public hearings, presentations, open houses, neighborhood association meetings, and other civic gatherings. Staff also participates at the local, regional, and state levels regarding long-range land use issues.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Planning Division reviews development proposals, both public and private, to determine if the proposals comply with the land use and development standards outlined in the Beaverton Development Code.
Call us with planning and zoning questions
Phone: 503-526-2420 (Voice mail)
Call returned the same day or within 24 hours, Monday through Friday.
Schedule a Phone Call or Video Appointment
Note: These appointments are only for questions and intake assistance. These appointments are not for plan review or issuing permits.
Communication during these appointments is by phone or Microsoft Teams.
- Phone Appointments: A member of city staff will call the number you provide at the time the appointment is scheduled to begin.
- Video Appointments: You and a member of city staff will be able to join the Microsoft Teams meeting during the time the appointment is scheduled. You may need to download Microsoft Teams before your appointment.