About Welcoming Week
National Welcoming Week is an annual series of events designed to bring together immigrants, refugees, and U.S.-born residents to raise awareness of the benefits of welcoming everyone. The week’s activities celebrate the contributions of newcomers and provide opportunities to build cross-cultural relationships and understanding. The 2021 Beaverton Welcoming Week will be celebrated under the theme of “Belonging Begins With Us” alongside events in communities across the country from Sept. 10 - 19, 2021. Local celebrations are part of the broader city-wide Welcoming Beaverton initiative.
2021 Welcoming Week Grantees & Core Partners:
- The Immigrant Story
- Eleni’s Kitchen
- International Performing Arts
- Maria Muta Petrova
- Naskah Zada International Consulting
- Beaverton Civic Theatre
- Global Art of Dance
- Silver Years Adult Day Care Center
How to be involved:
- Host a public event
- Take a picture with one of the I’m a Welcomer signs Opens a New Window. and share it on social media with #BeavertonWelcomes.
- Attend the events and share your experience on Facebook, Twitter, & Instagram!
- To learn about other events happening across the country, see Welcoming America Opens a New Window. .
About Welcoming Week Grants
The City of Beaverton sponsors grants for interactive, community driven projects that create tangible opportunities for immigrants and U.S.-born residents to build cross-cultural relationships during the annual celebration of Beaverton Welcoming Week. These grants support community partners to host a public event or activity that highlights the spirit of the week, for example cultural events, community gatherings, workshops, classes, art exhibitions, film showings, or advocacy events.
The 2021 grant cycle for Welcoming Week is closed.
- Support community led projects that increase opportunities for cross cultural exchange
- Build Beaverton’s identity as a welcoming city
- Build relationships and understanding to unite residents
- Foster pride in our diverse community
Awards may be up to $1,500 per project / applicant per year and must be used for activities to take place in Beaverton during Welcoming Week in September.
Questions? Contact equity@BeavertonOregon.gov.
Interested in support for a program or project happening outside the scope of Welcoming Week?
Check out the Year-Round Welcoming Grants.
Thank you to our grantees and others who hosted events!
Accommodation requests related to a disability should be made by 5 business days to the Cultural Inclusion Team: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dial 7-1-1 for Relay.