Community Services Program
Program Mission & Goals
To facilitate communication and collaboration between the City of Beaverton and nonprofit, community-based, and faith-based organizations working to address the basic needs of low-income populations in Beaverton.
- Collective Impact. Convene local organizations to help achieve significant and lasting social change on priority issues.
- Capacity Building. Offer opportunities for local partners to develop and strengthen the skills and resources of their organizations for long-term sustainability and effective mission driven work.
- Strategic Partnerships. Work with innovative organizations that provide invaluable knowledge and direct services to the community.
Upcoming Opportunities for Fall 2018
- RSVP: Volunteer training for the Beaverton Severe Weather Shelter Opens a New Window. : Wednesday, Dec 5, 2018 (5-6 pm) at the Beaverton Community Center.
Reports to City Council - June 5, 2018
- Free Tax Assistance Program Opens a New Window.
- Beaverton Severe Weather Shelter Opens a New Window.
- Social Services Funding Grants FY 2018-2019 Opens a New Window.
2018: First full season of the Beaverton Severe Weather Shelter; City provides support to Family Promise of Beaverton
2017: Beaverton Severe Weather Shelter opens in partnership with Just Compassion of East Washington County; Permanent Program Coordinator position created for Community Services
2016: Community Services Program created in the Mayor’s Office, centralizing several existing programs that support social service activities including the Tax Assistance Program (started in 2012), Social Service Funding Grants, and charity drives.