Revised Natural Hazards Mitigation Plan
The plan goals describe the overall direction City of Beaverton agencies, organizations and residents can take to work toward mitigating risk from natural hazards. The overarching plan vision is to create a disaster resistant and resilient community through four Goals – each with its own list of objectives. The Goals and Objectives were validated during the plan review cycle and are as follows:
- Goal 1: Develop and implement strategies to protect human life, commerce, property, and natural systems from natural hazards.
- Goal 2: Improve Partnerships for Communication and Coordination.
- Goal 3: Enhance Emergency Services.
- Goal 4: Ensure Implementation of Mitigation strategies.
Draft Sections of the Revised Beaverton Natural Hazards Mitigation Plan
- Section 1 – Introduction Opens a New Window.
- Section 2 – Risk Assessment Opens a New Window.
- Section 3 – Mitigation Strategy Opens a New Window.
- Section 4 – Implementation and Maintenance Opens a New Window.
- Map 1 – Natural Hazards Opens a New Window.
- Map 2 – Critical Facilities Opens a New Window.
- Map 3 – Economic Assets: Zoning Opens a New Window.
- Map 4 – Economic Assets: Employment Opens a New Window.
- Map 5 – Economic Assets: Trees Opens a New Window.
- Map 6 – Economic Assets: Parks Opens a New Window.
- Map 7 – Functional Road Classifications Opens a New Window.
- Map 8 - Perceived Shaking and Damage Potential Magnitude 9.0 Earthquake Opens a New Window.
- Appendix A – Action Items
- Appendix B – Planning and Public Process
- Appendix C – City Profile Opens a New Window.
- Appendix D – Economic Analysis of Natural Hazard Mitigation Projects Opens a New Window.
- Appendix E – Grant Programs and Resources Opens a New Window.
- Appendix F – Community Survey
- Appendix G – Hazard Analysis Opens a New Window.
You can provide us with any general comments relative to the plan by email to the City’s Emergency Manager.
Return to Natural Hazards Mitigation web page.