Hardship License

If you have been convicted of Driving under the Influence (DUI) and the court has suspended your license, you may petition the court to recommend to DMV that you get a hardship permit.
Pursuant to ORS 807.250, If you solely have a suspension directed by DMV, you do not need a judge’s signature. Document.

A judge recommendation is not sufficient to approve a hardship license because you must take all hardship license documents, including the judge recommendation to DMV for final approval. 

A hardship permit limits a person’s driving privilege to work, some medical appointments for self or member of immediate family and alcohol and drug and gambling treatment only. If granted, you should confirm with DMV where your hardship permit allows you to drive.

You may not apply for a Hardship Permit if you hold a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL).

Document Checklist:

  1. Alcohol and Drug Evaluation (ADES);  
  2. Proof of enrollment in an Alcohol and Drug Treatment Program and at least 30 days of Treatment OR Treatment Completion Certificate;
  3. Documentation of all urinalysis (UA) results, including dates (at least two tests must have been completed); and
  4. DMV Form 735-6044. Hardship/Probationary Permit Application

Submit in person to the judge at Beaverton Municipal Court on Mondays (except holidays) between 2:00-4:00 pm. 4755 SW Griffith Drive, Beaverton OR 97076.

There is no court fee to request a hardship license.