ADA Technical Advisory Committee
Apply Today to Join Beaverton's Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Technical Advisory Committee
Accepting applications now! Apply until October 4.
As part of its efforts to ensure the city is welcoming and inclusive to all, the city adopted its current ADA Transition Plan in 2019, which outlines how the city will make its services more accessible to people with disabilities. Since 2019, the city has made significant strides but there is more work to be done, and we need your help!
The Transition Plan will next be updated in late 2022. To help with this process, in June, the City Council approved the formation of a technical advisory committee. The committee differs from a board or commission in that it will advise staff, not the Council, on preparation of the new plan. It also will have a limited duration of one year, beginning January 1, 2022. The committee’s work may include evaluating whether the city should re-establish a disabilities advisory commission, which, if approved, would report to the Council and have a separate recruitment process.
We are actively seeking community members, particularly individuals who identify as having a disability (whether visible or invisible) and individuals who work in disability services or advocacy. Your lived experiences are critical to building a successful ADA program. If this sounds interesting to you, we encourage you to apply today to be part of this committee.
- This is a limited-duration Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) with a term of one year
- The committee will work directly with city staff
- Members must be available for bi-monthly meetings on average and to dedicate additional time to the group's work as needed
- Approximately six meetings will be held in 2022 in accordance with group availability
- Stipends will be available to committee members for meeting participation
- Due to COVID-19, meetings will be held virtually until hybrid meeting options are available
- Language interpretation and technology support available by request
- Applications accepted now through October 4, 2021
- Interviews to occur in late October 2021
- Terms begin January 1, 2022 and end December 31, 2022
Open “Office Hours” for Questions
Questions about the application process or serving on the committee?
The city’s Public Involvement Coordinator will be hosting an open "office hour" via Zoom for members of the community to stop by with questions about the application and appointment process. Please stop by during one of the below dates and times if you have any questions.
- Wednesday, September 1 | 12 PM - 1 PM
- Tuesday, September 7 | 3 PM - 4 PM
- Saturday, September 18 | 10 AM - 11 AM
- Wednesday, September 29 | 5 PM - 6 PM
Zoom link: https://www.zoomgov.com/j/16126212225
Meeting ID: 161 2621 2225
Call-in: (669) 254-5252
If none of these time slots work for you, but you would like to video chat about your questions, please email frose@BeavertonOregon.gov or call 503-526-2543 to set up a time.