Beaverton Celebration Parade
2020 Beaverton Celebration Parade
This year the Beaverton Celebration Parade will be presented as a virtual event showcasing the many interesting, unique, diverse, and amazing aspects of our community. This year’s Parade theme is ‘BEaverton Together,’ which encourages participants to share pictures and videos of their crafts/hobbies, performances, pets, vehicles, and more! Individuals, families, nonprofit organizations, community groups and businesses are all encouraged to get involved.
Pictures and videos of parade entries will be accepted Monday, August 3 to Friday, August 28, 2020.
Parade entries can be made in the following categories:
- Crafts / Hobbies - Paintings/artwork, sculpture, Shoebox floats, soap box derby car, knitted/crocheted/sewn items, wood crafts, handmade jewelry, prepared foods
- Performance - Singing, playing instruments, school groups, bands, quartets, dance routines, cheerleading, drama, gymnastics, magic tricks, martial arts
- Pets - Pet tricks, dress up your pet, take your pet for a ride, interesting or unusual pets
- Vehicles - Interesting or unique vehicles/transportation; vintage, electric, theme-decorated, service vehicles/trailers; bicycles, three-wheeler’s, unicycles, motorcycles
- Other - If you have a talent or an idea to showcase that does not fit into the four categories listed, please feel free to submit in the “other” category
Parade entries will be compiled into videos highlighting how we can still celebrate and come together virtually in these times of social distancing. Videos highlighting the entries will start being posted in mid-September on the city’s website and social media channels.
History of Beaverton’s Celebration Parade
The Beaverton Celebration Parade began in 1957 and has grown into a community tradition with more than 100 festive entries from marching bands and colorful floats to civic and cultural organizations. Each year, the Service to Beaverton Award winners are honored as celebrity guests in the parade along with local elected officials and the featured grand marshal.