Flicks by the Fountain
Friday, August 24, 2018 feature movie will be award-winning, animated film “Coco.”
Pre-movie entertainment includes a musical performance from The Colectivo Son Jarocho de Portland. A group of artists and educators dedicated to the study and sharing of the traditional music of southern Veracruz. They have played at many events throughout the Willamette Valley including Cinco de Mayo at Waterfront Park, movies and concerts in Portland area Parks and El Teatro Milagro.
Please note: Selected movies are subject to availability and viewing rights; alternates will be shown if a top selection is unavailable.
Event Details & Regulations
- Movies begin at dusk (depending on the date and the cloud cover, dusk ranges from about 8:10 to 8:40 pm).
- Food and drink will be for sale at the events, though you may also bring your own food and beverages from home.
- Low-back chairs and blankets are recommended (elevated chairs and high-back chairs will be allowed, but people with these items will be asked to locate them in designated areas).
- No outside alcohol is allowed.
- No pets are allowed. No smoking is allowed.
- Parking is located next to Beaverton City Library and in the parking lot where the Farmers Market is held. Restroom facilities are located in the park.
- The fountain at Beaverton City Park will be turned off all day on the days Flicks by the Fountain will be held.
The following roads will be closed during Flicks by the Fountain:
- SW 5th St from SW Watson Ave to SW Hall Blvd from 4:30 pm – 10:30 pm
- SW Hall Blvd from SW 5th St to SW 3rd St from 4:30 pm – 10:30 pm