Social Services Grants
Social Services Grant Program
The City of Beaverton makes annual grant awards to nonprofit organizations that address community needs and target the root causes of poverty. The City Council directs the Social Service Funding Committee to make recommendations on the basis of several criteria, including a set of priority areas for the fiscal year.
Eligibility for FY 18-19
Applications will only be accepted if they address one of the following priorities:
- Homelessness/Housing (shelters, rental assistance, tenant education/advocacy, senior housing, & workforce training)
- Affordable afterschool & educational programming (hunger/food/nutrition, childcare, academic support, English language learner education)
- Health (school-based health clinics, affordable access to medical/dental care, mental health, hunger/food/nutrition)
The City of Beaverton provides grant money from two funding sources: state shared revenue and the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG). Grants are distributed each year, July 1 - June 30.
Application now closed. Check back in February 2019
- Informational Grant Session: Thursday, Feb 15 (6-7 pm); Friday, Feb 16 (1-2 pm) at The Beaverton Building (12725 SW Millikan Way), 5th Floor Columbia River Room - passed
- Grants Due: Friday, Mar 23, 2018 at 5 pm - passed
- Staff Review of Grants: Monday, Mar 26, 2018 - passed
- Interview with the Social Service Funding Committee: April / May 2018
- Notification of grant award: June 2018
Download a City of Beaverton Map for reference on service area
View the PowerPoint Presentation from the 2017-18 grant information sessions
Social Services Funding Committee
The Social Services Funding Committee (SSFC) shall act in an advisory capacity to the Council. Its duties shall include review of annual social service grant applications and funding recommendations to Council and to perform other duties as the Council may authorize. The duties and rules for the social services funding committee may be found in its bylaws.
Agendas & Minutes
Social Services Funding Committee Upcoming Meetings
Meeting Dates for 2018: 1/11
Most Recent Agenda | View All
Minutes are also available following approval.
Most Recent Minutes | View All
- Erin Woolley
- Patricia Longua
- Wei-Wei Lou
- Tiffany Burton
- Lisa Stiller, Vice-Chair
- Abdul Samad Ghaznavi
- Laura Mitchell, Chair
- Megan Cohen, Staff Liaison
If you have further questions regarding the social services funding process, please contact Megan Cohen by email email@example.com or by phone 503-526-2584.