West Beaverton NEIGHBORHOOD
- 7:00 pm, Second Thursday of the month with the exception of January, July, August, and December.
- 2019 meetings: Feb. 14, Mar. 14, Apr. 11, May 9, Jun. 13, Sep. 10, Oct. 9, Nov. 12
- Annual Elections (Board Members, Chair, Vice-Chair, Recorder, Treasurer, and BCCI representative) held in October.
- Seventh Day Adventist Church
14645 SW Davis Rd.
Beaverton, OR 97007
- Sue Price, Chair 503-356-5715
Current Volunteer Opportunities
- Please join us at an upcoming meeting and ask about the opportunities available. We are always searching for new board members and future officers. Learn more!
- Volunteer Reader with the Pages as Pillars Program at Chehalem Elementary School. Contact Bill Wood (or at 503-646-0928)
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available before meetings.
Minutes are available following approval.
- Pages as Pillars Reading Program - West Beaverton is in its eighth year of partnering with Chehalem Elementary School. This year the West Beaverton NAC donated $2,220 to the program. The program works to ensure that all students have books at home and recruits volunteers to read to students at the school. The program started as a City Matching Grant and is now a self-sustainable community involvement project.
- Review the Program Brochure
- If you are interested in becoming a volunteer reader, would like to donate books or cash, or would like to learn how to get a similar program going in your neighborhood contact Bill Wood at 503-646-0928 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The NAC created a "How to Guide" to help others replicate this program in other schools.
* Bring your ideas to our next meeting. Funds for projects are available through the Neighborhood Matching Grant Program.
About the West Beaverton NAC
Welcome to the West Beaverton Neighborhood Association Committee (NAC). We meet monthly to discuss ideas and issues and work on projects to improve our neighborhood. Anyone that lives, owns property (including a business), or represents a nonprofit organization within the neighborhood boundaries is a member. Please join us.
The NAC meeting is the designated forum for committee participants to share ideas and community news with neighbors. It is also an opportunity to meet with city officials on various issues throughout the year.
West Beaverton NAC is home to St. Mary of the Valley Academy and School. St. Mary’s Academy first opened its doors to students in 1903. The current structure at Tualatin Valley Highway and Murray Road was built from 1968-1969 and first welcomed students in December 1969. Its copper dome atop its center tower is a prominent landmark in the area. Valley Catholic School continues to develop its 43 acre campus.
For more info visit Beaverton history and the online historical photo gallery.