Grant: Beaverton Business Recovery Program
Application closes August 21, 2020.
The Beaverton Business Recovery Program is a new grant program offered by the City of Beaverton with funding from Washington County through the Federal CARES Act. The purpose of this grant program is to help small businesses in Beaverton reopen safely from the COVID-19 pandemic. The grant program expects to award $2.057 million in grants to eligible small businesses in one-time grant awards ranging from $2,000-$10,000. The amount received by selected businesses will depend on the size and type of business, as well as the greatest need.
Business eligibility requirements for Beaverton Business Recovery Program
- Must be physically located within Beaverton city limits. Not sure? Check Beaverton Area Jurisdictions.
- Must have an active Beaverton Business License
- Must have been affected by the “Stay Home, Save Lives” executive orders 20-07, 20-08 and 20-12 or are a customer-facing storefront business.
- Must have 25 or less full-time employees (including a combination of part-time employees which would add up to 25 full-time employees)
- National chain businesses with locations outside of the State of Oregon are not eligible. The only exception is for individually-owned franchises, where the owner must be based in Oregon and operate no more than two of the same franchises within the city limits of Beaverton.
- Business must be currently open or planning to open in the next 60 days.
- Businesses must not use funds from this program to cover any expenses already covered from another city, county, state or federal grant program.
Grant program priorities:
- Beaverton businesses most directly impacted by the state’s “Stay Home, Save Lives” orders
- Child and adult day care businesses
Planning to apply?
Please gather the following documents to help complete the application:
- Your Beaverton Business License
- Your monthly expenses for rent, utilities, PPE (personal protective equipment) and payroll
- If your business type was not named in the Governor’s “Stay Home, Save Lives” executive orders shown above, and you are a storefront business that was negatively impacted by COVID-19, provide either a sales receipt or profit and loss statement showing a revenue decrease for any month since March 2020 when compared to February 2020 or to the same month in 2019.
For additional questions please reach our grant team:
Grant: Emergency Business Assistance Program
The City of Beaverton launched the Emergency Business Assistance Program in March 2020 to assist restaurants and other small businesses impacted by the Governor’s “Stay Home, Save Lives” executive orders. This emergency funding assisted 233 businesses with more than $732,000 in grant funds to assist with commercial rent expenses.
Applications for the Emergency Business Assistance Program are no longer being accepted.