No Temporary Use Permit is required for non-mobile temporary use if the use or activity:
- Is located on property zoned Commercial, Multiple Use or Industrial where the proposed temporary use or activity is permitted outright by the zone; AND
- Operates for no more than three consecutive days in a week and for no more than six times in any twelve-month period; AND
- Is located outside all required vision clearance areas and the first 20 feet of vehicle aisle space as measured from all site entrances and exits to the public right-of-way; AND
- Has received the property owner’s permission; AND
- Operates only between 7:00 am and 10:00 pm; AND
- Occupies an area that is no more than five parking spaces or 800 square feet of surface area, excluding vehicle drive aisles and minimum off-street parking as required in Section 60.30 and areas required for fire access; OR
- Is a special event permitted under Chapter 7 of the City Code. See examples
Examples of temporary events not requiring permits if matching exemption criteria:
- Weekend car wash for fundraising on commercial property.
- Big wedding on private property that does not block streets.
- Bus tour through streets that does not block streets.
- Weekend sale/promotional event limited to 800 sq. ft.