Building In Beaverton
As part of the City’s response to COVID-19, we are asking that all community members and customers conduct business electronically as much as possible.
Our Front Desk & Permit Center on the fourth floor of The Beaverton Building will be closed to visitors through at least August 16. Information and services are available by email, online, and phone listed below and in our directory. For:
- Inspection Requests, call the 24-hour line at 503-526-2400.
- Building questions, or inspection cancellations, call 503-526-2493.
- Planning and Zoning questions, refer to Frequently Asked Questions about Changes to the Land Use Process or call 503-526-2420.
- Site Development questions, including street tree removal and sidewalk or street repairs, refer to the Site Development Frequently Asked Questions, call 503-350-4021, or email SiteDevelopment@BeavertonOregon.gov.
- Electronic Applications, visit https://www.beavertonoregon.gov/2047/Apply-for-Permits.
If in-person services are required, please leave a message at one of the phone numbers listed above, check out our directory for other service contacts, or contact a staff person who has already been working with you to arrange for services.
For more information visit the Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 page.
Welcome! We’re happy you’re here.
Building in Beaverton takes many shapes. From small residential projects such as a new structure on your property, an updated bathroom, landscape upgrades or new fencing, to large scale multi-family residential projects and commercial projects. Regardless of what you have planned, we are here to help you navigate the city’s requirements and finish your construction or remodeling project as quickly as possible.
Our goal is to provide consistent service to our customers while supporting community aspirations and plans.
Before you begin, get to know your property and the requirements for your planned project. Do you need Homeowners Association approval in advance? Will your project require a permit? Find out the basics to start your project on the right path and avoid potential delays along the way. Tips on Getting Started...
Most construction and remodeling projects will need approval from the city in the form of an application or permit, sometimes from more than one city department depending on the project. The city is required to ensure projects developed within the city meet local and state rules and regulations. Other outside agencies may also require review and approval as applicable.
Please see the ‘Building in Beaverton Apply’ pages for instructions, permit applications, associated fees required for your project, and options for submitting electronically.
Construction and Inspection
When you are ready to proceed with construction of your project, you will want to identify major milestones and know what to expect in order to bring your project to completion. Construction Process...
- Beaverton City Code
- Beaverton Comprehensive Plan
- Beaverton Development Code
- Beaverton Design Review Handbook Opens a New Window.
- Beaverton Engineering Design Manual and Standard Drawings
- Beaverton Search Map Opens a New Window. (Interactive)
- Clean Water Services Design and Construction Standards Opens a New Window.
- State Building Codes Online Opens a New Window.