Climate Action Task Force
Apply Today to Join Beaverton's New Climate Action Task Force
Become a founding member - Applications now until until May 23, 2021
Your lived experience and perspective can help shape the city’s next steps!
The Task Force, established by Resolution 4712, will serve as a community engagement forum for climate action. It will enhance City Council awareness of community perspectives around climate change and provide feedback on the potential impact of climate action-related projects and activities on members of the community.
Beaverton's Climate Action Plan was adopted in 2019. It contains 86 actions across five framework categories to reduce emissions from our community and safeguard Beaverton from the impacts of higher temperatures. The plan serves as the guiding document for the city's climate action work.
The city recognizes that the impacts of climate change disproportionally affect members of the community least able to deal with them and is striving to ensure the voices of underserved and vulnerable communities are prioritized. The lived experience of community members is highly valued. We encourage applications from the BIPOC community, as well as community members under age 30 (who will witness the most drastic impacts from climate change during their lifetimes).
Meeting the city’s carbon reduction goals is essential to ensuring a livable future for our and future generations. Be a part of this exciting opportunity and help launch the important work of this new group!
- The Mayor will appoint, and City Council will confirm 13 task force members for up to a three-year term
- Members must be available for monthly meetings and to dedicate additional time to the groups work as needed
- Each meeting will last approximately two hours and occur at 6pm on the 3rd Monday of each month
- Stipends will be offered to task force members for meeting participation
- Due to COVID-19, meetings will be held virtually until hybrid meeting options are available.
- Language interpretation and technology support available by request
- Applications accepted from April 19 to May 23, 2021
- Interviews to occur in early June 2021
- Appointments by City Council following later in June 2021
Open “Office Hours” for Questions
Questions about the application process or serving on the task force?
The task force staff liaison will be hosting an open "office hour" via Zoom for members of the community to stop by with questions about the application and appointment process. Please stop by on Wednesday April 21st, 28th, May 12th, or May 19th 2021, from 3 - 4 pm if you have any questions.
If this time slot doesn't work for you, but you would like to video chat about your questions, please email sustainability@BeavertonOregon.gov to set up a time.