Placemaking Events Grant
The City of Beaverton has created a new one-time matching grant program to incent new community events to come to downtown Beaverton. The city is committed to create a more vibrant downtown. Placemaking activities help bring communities together to enjoy a similar experience in the same place. A variety of community events throughout the year provide a full calendar of reasons for people who live, work and/or play in Beaverton to visit and enjoy downtown.
Maximum Grant = $25,000
City Match = 50%
Additional evaluation points will be given to events that promote one or more of the following city goals:
- Innovation & Entrepreneurship
- Active Community
- Family Friendly
Further information can be found in the Grant Guidelines Opens a New Window. .
Applications are due April 26, 2018.
Mandatory Grant Information Sessions:
March 27, 2018 March 29, 2018
10:00 – 11:30 am 6:00 – 7:30 pm
City Hall – Council Chambers OR City Hall – Council Chambers
12725 SW Millikan Way 12725 SW Millikan Way
Beaverton, OR 97005 Beaverton, OR 97005
Application will be deemed complete when the following are included:
- Application Opens a New Window.
- Example Event Budget Opens a New Window. (required)
- Example Event Workplan Opens a New Window. (optional)
- Example Event Marketing Plan Opens a New Window. (optional)
- Any other event planning documents currently available, such as site plan, confirmation of additional funding, etc.
- Applicant’s W-9 Opens a New Window.
We want all events being planned as part of this process to be successful. We therefore have included below resources that may be useful to planning an event in Beaverton. This section will be updated as new resources come available, so check back regularly.
- Evaluation Criteria
- Beaverton City Calendar
- Special Event Permit (generally required if the event is taking place in the public right-of-way (e.g. a street) or on city-owned property (e.g. many plazas, parking lots and parks)).
- NAC Event Planning Guide Opens a New Window.