Central Beaverton NEIGHBORHOOD
- 7:00 pm, First Monday of the month with some exceptions due to holidays
- 2019 meetings: Jan. 7, Feb. 4 (CANCELLED), Mar. 4, Apr. 1, May 19, Jun. 3, Jul. 1, Aug. 5, Sep. 9*, Oct. 7, Nov. 4, Dec. 2
- Annual Elections (Board Members, Chair, Vice-Chair, Recorder, Treasurer, and BCCI representative) held in October.
- Beaverton Swim Center
12850 SW 3rd St
Beaverton, OR 97005
- Central Beaverton NAC Bylaws
- Central Beaverton Neighborhood Map
- Follow us on Facebook
- Central Beaverton Handout
- Miles Glowacki, Neighborhood Program Coordinator, 503-526-3706 or mglowacki@BeavertonOregon.gov
Current Volunteer Opportunities
- Please join us at an upcoming meeting and ask about the opportunities available. Learn more!
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available before meetings.
Minutes are available following approval.
- 2017 Rock the Block - Community Cleanup
In February 2017, we Rocked the Block by cleaning up Menlo Drive and surrounding side streets, and offering dumpsters for neighbors to dispose of large items.
- Booked for Success
For the last several years, we have partnered with the Rotary Club of Beaverton to provide a book coupon to each student at William Walker Elementary, assuring that they can supplement school work with recreational reading to improve literacy.
- Historic Beaverton Walking Map
In 2016, we partnered with the Beaverton Historical Society to create this guide, which highlights downtown Beaverton’s historic homes and variety of flora.
- Mural at Global Art of Dance
Created in 2016, this beautiful mural reflects the art, dance, and music of the many cultural groups in Beaverton. We provided support to the dance studio owners and the mural artists to make Beaverton’s newest art mural a reality.
- Summer Theatre in the Park
For many years, we have helped sponsor the Beaverton Civic Theatre’s free Theatre in the Park events at Schiffler Park. Recent productions have included “Songs for a New World” and “Side by Side by Sondheim.”
* Bring your ideas to our next meeting. Funds for projects are available through the Neighborhood Matching Grant Program.
About the Central Beaverton NAC
Welcome to the Central Beaverton Neighborhood Association Committee (NAC). We meet monthly to discuss ideas and issues, and work on projects to improve our neighborhood. Anyone that lives, owns property (including a business), or represents a nonprofit organization within the neighborhood boundaries is a member.
The NAC meeting is the designated forum for committee participants to share ideas and community news with neighbors. It is also an opportunity to meet with city officials on various issues throughout the year.
Central Beaverton is at the heart of Beaverton. Its boundaries include the intersection of Canyon Road and Farmington Road and the heavy and light rail systems. Central Beaverton has seen it all. Canyon Road used to be wood-planked and the railroad is what used to connect Beaverton to the outside world. MAX wasn’t the first electric commuter train to grace Beaverton Central. The Oregon Electric Railway and Red Electric both provided service to Beaverton from Portland and on to Hillsboro. Hop pickers commuted from Portland to Beaverton for the harvest on the electric train systems. And Beavertonians took the train to Oaks Park in Portland on the weekends. The train systems ran from approximately 1908 to 1925. Diesel trains eventually took over in the 1950s. Many remnants of the past are still prevalent all over Central Beaverton today. Central Beaverton also includes the Beaverton City Mall, former home of the Bernard Airport, west-adjacent to Cedar Hills Boulevard. Until 1966, when it was demolished to build the mall, Bernard Airport was Oregon’s oldest operating airport. Central Beaverton is host to several registered historical sites.