- 7:00 pm, Quarterly - Third Thursday of the month
- 2020 meetings: Feb. 20, Apr. 16
- Annual Elections (Board Members, Chair, Vice-Chair, Recorder, Treasurer, and BCCI Opens a New Window. representative) held in November.
- Greenway Elementary School
9150 SW Downing Dr.
Beaverton, OR 97008
- Greenway NAC Bylaws Opens a New Window.
- Greenway Neighborhood Ma Opens a New Window. p
- Greenway Neighborhood Handout Opens a New Window.
- Opens a New Window. Follow us on Facebook Opens a New Window.
- Jim Persey Opens a New Window. , Chair, 503-646-6289 email@example.com
Current Volunteer Opportunities
- We are always looking for community members to join us at our meetings and get involved in our community building activities. Please join us and consider opportunities to volunteer in your own neighborhood. Learn more!
Agendas & Minutes
- We adopted Downing Drive between Greenway and Conestoga Drive as part of the City's Adopt-A-Roadway program. Join us for quarterly cleanups!
- We have also partnered with Greenway Elementary, providing weighted blankets, clothes, and food for students.
*Bring your ideas to our next meeting. Funds for projects are available through the Neighborhood Matching Grant Program.
About the Greenway NAC
Welcome to the Greenway Neighborhood Association Committee (NAC). We meet quarterly to discuss ideas and issues and work on projects to improve our neighborhood. Anyone that lives, owns property (including a business), or represents a nonprofit organization within the neighborhood boundaries is a member. Please join us.
The NAC meeting is the designated forum for committee participants to share ideas and community news with neighbors. It is also an opportunity to meet with city officials on various issues throughout the year.
The Augustus Fanno farmhouse is located off Hall Boulevard on Creekside Drive, just east of the Hall-Greenway intersection. This historic home has been restored by the Tualatin Hills Park and Recreation District.
The Greenway Neighborhood Association is host to the Fanno Creek Greenway trail, a 15-mile multi-use paved trail for walkers, runners, and bicyclists.
Augustus Fanno settled in Beaverton in 1847.
Neighbors began to arrive soon enough, however, and Augustus pointed many early settlers of what is now Beaverton, Oregon, toward the land they claimed. The major roads in the area are named for these early neighbors, including Hall Boulevard, Denney Road, and Scholls Ferry Road. Rebecca Jane Denney emigrated from Indiana in 1849 with her brothers, Thomas and Robert. Like Augustus, Rebecca was a teacher; Augustus and Rebecca were married on April 17, 1851.
In his later years, Augustus turned his attention toward raising onions. Onions were valued not only as food, but medicinally, as well. Legend has it that he made big money by being the first to ship onions to Alaska during the Yukon Gold Rush. In the 1850s, the Denney brothers built a sawmill, and Augustus donated land from his claim for the construction of a school and church built of lumber from the Denneys’ mill. In 1859 or ’60, Augustus finally built a fashionable home for Rebecca. He built the house “double strength”, reinforcing it to resist the windstorms that occasionally rattle the Willamette Valley and it remains standing to this day. Nearby are three of four “American Freedom Trees” Augustus planted in 1876 to mark the centennial of the Declaration of Independence. The Fanno farmhouse was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1984 (End of the Oregon Trail Interpretive Center, 1998).
The Fanno Creek Greenway trail has historical significance as the lifeblood of Beaverton’s settlers and still remains as a beautiful asset to the City.
Madden, A. (2002). Fanno Creek Greenway Trail April Open Houses Set. Media Release, Land Use and Transportation, Wahshington County Oregon. Retrieved December 28, 2006, from: http://www.co.washington.or.us
End of the Oregon Trail Interpretive Center (1998). Augustus Fanno emigrant of 1846, Rebecca Denney Fanno emigrant of 1849, Pioneer Family of the Month May, 1998. Retrieved December 28, 2006, from: End of the Oregon Trail Interpretive Center.