COVID-19 Notice: The City is suspending in-person attendance by the public for NAC meetings to better protect the health and safety of the community.
Per Oregon Law all NAC virtual meetings will be recorded and archived by the City.
Please see Most Recent Agenda for a link or phone number to attend the virtual meeting
Agendas are posted one week ahead of meeting date
- 2020 meeting: Oct. 8, Nov. 12, Dec. 10
- Annual Elections (Board Members, Chair, Vice-Chair, Recorder, Treasurer, and BCCI representative) held in October.
- Adam Gretzinger, Chair
Current Volunteer Opportunities
- Please join us at an upcoming meeting and ask about the opportunities available. We are always searching for new board members and future officers. Learn more!
- In May 2018, we won second place in the Neighborhoods, USA Neighborliness category for our walk/run series!
- We aim to host a walk or run each fall and spring. These are opportunities for community members to connect, learn more about the neighborhood (even architecture and trees!), get some exercise, and have fun!
- We’ve also partnered with Highland Park Middle School on projects including sponsoring trail improvements.
Bring your community-building ideas to our next meeting! Funds are available through the Neighborhood Matching Grant Program to bring your ideas to reality.
Agendas & Minutes
Highland Neighborhood Association Committee presents our fall Social Distanced Events Series
Document Shredding Event - Bring your paper documents to the Nexus church parking lot at 22nd near Hall Blvd on November 7th from 10 AM to 1 PM
Come early as this popular event will end if the shredding truck fills up. Enter and exit the event from the 22nd St. entrance
Covid 19 Restrictions
- participants must wear masks
- remain in their cars until reaching the dumping area and observe event distancing measures when out of their vehicles.
- Participants will be able to dump their own paper into the shredding cart.
- Paper only is being accepted for this event.
We will be accepting sealed food donations for the Nexus Church and Oregon Food Bank. Most needed items are: Canned black and kidney beans, meat, chili fruits and vegetables. Also needed is rice and pasta , peanut butter and marinara sauce. Hygiene items such as TP, tooth paste and diapers (especially size 5 and 6 and toddler sizes).
WILSON PARK TREE PLANTING
Sunday, November 15 from 1 to 4 p.m. For more information please email HighlandNACtrees@gmail.com
Join the Highland NAC for a socially distant tree planting as we add 25 climate change-resilient trees to residences around the Wilson Park subdivision, restoring our neighborhood and building ourselves a better future.
- Pre Registration Required www.surveymonkey.com/r/YKVJVZY
- Meet at the intersection of SW 20th St and Wilson Ave at 12:45
- Pre-packaged snacks, water bottles, and masks will be provided but we recommend bringing your own where applicable.
- Dress for the weather wearing closed-toe shoes and clothes that can get dirty. Gloves, tools, training, leadership, door prizes,
Covid 19 Restrictions -
- Masks will be required at all times for people 5 or older.
- Social distancing guidelines of at least 6 feet between non-associated persons will be maintained at all times.
- The full COVID-19 safety plan is available at www.tinyurl.com/covidsafetyplan
Free Tree Giveaway - Sunday January 31st 1-3 pm. For more information please email HighlandNACtrees@gmail.com
Get a beautiful free tree to plant at your home as a way to make sure our neighborhood remains green and livable into the future! The Highland NAC is giving away 75 climate change-resilient trees exclusively for Highland neighborhood residents (limit 3 per household), from charismatic oaks to majestic evergreens.
This event will be a “no contact” pick-up of trees, mulch and planting instructions at the Beaverton Christian Church parking lot to keep neighbors and volunteers safe. Plant your tree soon after - there will be a photo contest to win prizes from neighborhood businesses. Please bring a non-perishable food donation to support the Sunshine Pantry which will maximize our impact for our neighbors.
Pre-registration is required. Sign up at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/QQRBWVL
Watch the latest meeting
About the Highland NAC
Welcome to the Highland Neighborhood Association Committee (NAC). We meet monthly to discuss ideas and issues and work on projects to improve our neighborhood. Anyone that lives, owns property (including a business), or represents a nonprofit organization within the neighborhood boundaries is a member. Please join us.
The NAC meeting is the designated forum for committee participants to share ideas and community news with neighbors. It is also an opportunity to meet with city officials on various issues throughout the year.