West Slope NAC
- 7:00 pm
- Third Tuesday of the month with the exception of July and August.
- 2018 meetings: Sep. 18, Oct. 16, Nov. 20, Dec. 18
- 2019 meetings: Jan. 15, Feb. 19, Mar. 19, Apr. 15, Feb. 19, Mar. 19, Apr. 15, May 21, Jun. 18, Jul. 16, Aug. 20, Sep. 17, Oct. 15, Nov. 19, Dec. 17
- Annual Elections (Board Members, Chair, Vice-Chair, Recorder, Treasurer, and BCCI representative) held in October.
- West Sylvan Middle School Library
8111 SW West Slope Dr.
Beaverton, OR 97225
- Follow us on Facebook
- Carl Tebbe - West Slope NAC Chair
Current Volunteer Opportunities
- Please join us at an upcoming meeting and ask about the opportunities available. We are always searching for new board members and future officers.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available before meetings
Most Recent Agenda l View All
Minutes are also available following approval
Most Recent Minutes l View All
Packets are available before meetings as well. Packets include current agenda, the previous meeting's minutes, and other attachments.
Most Recent Packet l View All
Recent Events & Successes*
- West Slope continues to explore the possibilities for the former nursery property in the neighborhood now owned by the Tualatin Hills Park & Recreation District (THPRD). Their goal is to eventually turn the property into a neighborhood park. If you would like to join their efforts attend an upcoming meeting.
About the West Slope NAC
Welcome to the West Slope Neighborhood Association Committee (NAC). We meet monthly to discuss ideas and issues and work on projects to improve our neighborhood. Anyone that lives, owns property (including a business), or represents a nonprofit organization within the neighborhood boundaries is a member! Please join us.
The NAC meeting is the designated forum for committee participants to share ideas and community news with neighbors. It is also an opportunity to meet with city officials on various issues throughout the year.
The West Slope NAC derives its name from the Portland West Hills. The West Slope area is also host to the Sunset name.
In 1946, the Oregon State Highway Commission changed the name of what is currently Highway 26 to Sunset Highway. “This was in compliment to the 41st or Sunset Division of the United States Army which played a conspicuous part in both World War I and World War II … M.R. Chessman of Astoria suggested the name Sunset Highway because the Sunset Division had such a large proportion of men from the Pacific Northwest” (McArthur, 1992).
McArthur L. L. (1992). Oregon Geographic Names, Sixth Edition. Oregon Historical Society Press: Portland Oregon.
For more info visit Beaverton history and the online historical photo gallery.