View grant opportunities and apply online: www.BeavertonOregon.gov/ArtSubmit.
Please use the Arts Program Budget Form for all grant opportunities.
Received grant funding in 2019? Please complete the 2019 Final Report.
In Beaverton, the arts are a part of our identity, helping to build community, attract visitors and drive progress. The Beaverton Arts Program contributes by presenting arts and cultural events and programs that celebrate community values and help connect residents to their artistic and cultural heritage.
Financial support for artists and non-profit visual, literary and performing arts organizations are available to those who serve the Beaverton community. For questions about grant guidelines or applications, contact the Beaverton Arts Program at artsmail@BeavertonOregon.gov.
Art Lives Here: Place and Neighborhood-Based Projects
The Art Lives Here program supports community-led place and neighborhood-based art projects that activate and enliven publicly-accessible places and enhance Beaverton’s neighborhoods. Project duration may vary and could be a one-time placemaking event, performance, creative wayfinding or other artwork installation that is on display temporarily or permanently.
CALLS FOR PROPOSALS:
Thursday, JAN 2, 2020
Thursday, MAR 19, 2020, 5 pm
- ADAPT – Party in the Park $5,000
- Beaverton Civic Theatre – SnowFest $5,000
- Beaverton Downtown Association – Beaverton CoSign $5,000
Community Arts Organizations and Projects
Community Arts Organizations and Projects grants are open to individual artists, arts and culture groups, and Beaverton schools. Awards are available to applicants who bring people together to experience and explore art, assist local artists, celebrate cultural diversity through art, spur development and stewardship of art, and/or educate the community on the value of art.
CALL FOR PROPOSALS:
Thursday, FEB 6, 2020
Thursday, APR 9, 2020
- Danza Azteca Huitzilopochtli – Aztec Dance Workshop for Welcoming Week $1000
- Erik Weswig Memorial Fund – Big Horn Brass Holiday Concert $1,000
- Leilu Wasielewski – "Scoobert-Doo, Wherefore Art Thou?" $913.41
- Masque Alfresco – 2019 Summer Park Tour: Importance of Being Earnest $1,000
- Painted Sky Inc.*Northstar Dance Company – Out of the Shadows $2,000
- Portland Community College – "Experience Music" Series at PCC Rock Creek $2,000
- The Immigrant Story – The Immigrant Story: Live Storytelling $2,000
- Write Around Portland – Respect, Writing, and Community in Beaverton $2,000
Emerging Arts Opportunities provide support for unanticipated events or those responding to specific opportunities or urgent need, especially for emerging artists, students or organizations new to the grant-making process. Projects could include workshops, art classes or art activities that serve Beaverton residents. Applicants may apply on a rolling basis for this opportunity.
CALL FOR PROPOSALS:
Monday, JUL 1, 2019
Tuesday, JUN 30, 2020 or until all grant funds are expended
WITHIN 4 WEEKS of application submission
Accessibility information: This information can be made available in alternative formats such as large print or audio tape. To request alternative formats, contact Kourtnee Buechner by calling 503-526-2376 or email kbuechner@BeavertonOregon.gov. Use 711 for relay service.