Creative Expression Contest
14th Annual Human Rights Creative Expression Contest Opens January 15, 2018.
Presented by the City of Beaverton Human Rights Advisory Commission
An opportunity for all K-12 Beaverton students to show their understanding of the importance of acceptance and human rights by sharing their feelings, opinions, experiences and ideas in a creative style.
Entries may be in the form of essay, poem, spoken word, song, music, poster, drawing, collage, any art or craft medium, film, dance, or any combination of these.
This contest is open to all Beaverton residents from kindergarten through 12th grade who attend school (public or private) or who are home-schooled in the Beaverton area. Students may work individually, in teams or small groups, or as an entire class to submit an entry or entries, but only one prize will be awarded per entry.
There will be a First Place winner and two Runner-Up winners at each level:
- Elementary School
- Middle School
- High School
- Top winners receive a $50 Powell’s gift card and possible newspaper coverage.
- Runner-up winners receive a $25 Powell’s gift card.
- All winners receive certificates from the Human Rights Advisory Commission at a televised City Council meeting in May.
- Entries may be put on display in the Young Adult Room of the Beaverton City Library for one year following the contest.
- One or more top winners may be chosen to present their entry at the annual Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day event in Beaverton the following January.
Email submission to HRAC@beavertonoregon.gov
or mail to
P.O. Box 4755
Beaverton OR 97076-4755
or drop off entry at the Mayor's Office, Attn: Paolo Esteban, 12725 SW Millikan Way, 5th floor.
To complete your entry submission, fill out the required online entry form.
LA 14ª EDICIÓN DE LOS DERECHOS HUMANOS CONCURSO DE EXPRESIÓN CREATIVA - PDF
Please call HRAC at 503-526-2569 or email HRAC@beavertonoregon.gov