About Welcoming Week
National Welcoming Week is an annual series of events designed to bring together immigrants, refugees, and U.S.-born residents to raise awareness of the benefits of welcoming everyone. The week’s activities celebrate the contributions of newcomers and provide opportunities to build cross-cultural relationships and understanding. 2018 Beaverton Welcoming Week was celebrated Sept. 14 - 23, alongside more than 500 events in communities across the country. Beaverton’s celebration is part of the broader city-wide Welcoming Beaverton initiative.
How to be involved:
- Take a picture with one of the I'm a Welcomer signs Opens a New Window. and share it on social media with #BeavertonWelcomes.
- Attend the events and share your experience on Facebook, Twitter, & Instagram!
- To learn about other events happening across the country, see Welcoming America Opens a New Window. .
Thank you to our partners!
2018 Welcoming Week Partners:
- THPRD & Conestoga Rec Center
- Huehca Omeyocan
- Somali Empowerment Circle
- BESThq & Adelante Mujeres
- Beaverton Chamber & PABA
- The Immigrant Story
- PDX Friends of Refugees & Olivenbaum
- First United Methodist Church
- Mission Nonviolence & Spirit of Grace Church
- Welcoming Beaverton Potluck Group
- Beaverton Library
Save the Date for Beaverton Welcoming Week 2019 - September 14 - 23, 2019!