Your Experience as a Juror
The City of Beaverton wants to thank you for contributing your time and energy to our Municipal Court. By participating as a juror, you are part of a unique court system that is one of the first paper on demand (POD) courts in the country. We will do everything possible to ensure that your duty is a rewarding experience.
Your participation is essential to the preservation of the justice system in Beaverton and the State of Oregon.
You may call our jury line at 503-526-2796 to confirm whether or not the trial is still on the docket. Please note this recording is updated the night before the trial.
Information for Jurors
- Please note that we cannot excuse you on the day of the trial. Should you have an excuse or conflict, you will still need to appear and speak with the judge. Jury selection will last approximately one and a half hours.
- If you are not selected for the jury panel, you will be free to leave. If you are selected, you can expect the trial to begin immediately. You may wish to bring some reading material and a sweater or jacket with you, as sometimes the heating / air system may not provide a comfortable temperature for all.
- You and your belongings will be required to go through an electronic security screening as you enter the Courthouse. Prohibited items include firearms (even if you have a CHL), weapons, knives, pepper spray, incendiary items, drugs, alcohol and any item that poses a security risk or health hazard.
- If you have just received a jury subpoena and are unable to serve on jury duty, please submit a written request to be excused, and it will be forwarded to the judge for review.
- All jurors are required to serve for jury duty as scheduled. If you are over 70 years old and want to be excused or have special circumstances that prevent you from being able to serve as a juror, please submit a written request to be excused.
- Jury duty fees take approximately three weeks after the court appearance date to process. Only jurors who appeared at the Court for a scheduled jury trial are eligible to receive juror fees. If your trial date was canceled and you did not appear, you are not eligible to receive a juror fee. If you appeared more than three weeks ago and have not been paid, please call the Jury Coordinator at 503-526-2290.
- If you have been selected for jury duty and have general questions about serving as a juror, please call the Jury Coordinator 503-526-2290
- Municipal Court parking is available in front, as well as in back, of the The Griffith Drive Building.
- Most trials last 1 day with an occasional 2 day trial. If selected as a juror, you will be informed of the estimated length of the trial.